Total Pageviews

Monday, December 29, 2008

Earthchurch Needs a New Leader

Earthchurch is dormant, and has been for about a year. It still
exists, in the form of the website and the email list. There are still
27 people subscribed to the discussion list, but no discussions are
happening. There is also a small announcement list, but it's been a
long time since the last announcement. There are also archives of the
discussions that we had in the past. These are here:
http://lists.earthchurch.net/pipermail/discuss-earthchurch.net/

Of course I could simply abandon it, but everytime I read the
introduction on the website, about our fantastic planet, I always feel
this organization is needed. I think it's too potentially important to
abandon.

But I'm not the person for the job. Someone is needed who has more
energy than me, and who is more naturally sociable and charismatic.
Mainly, someone who will keep pushing and not give up. The truth is
that I'm old and tired and dispirited. I'm not optimistic about our
planet's future. (Of course I mean the biosphere; I'm not worried
about the rock and sand.)

So my plan is simply to be a caretaker until our new leader appears.

Nominations are welcome.

m

1 comment:

  1. Mitch, I'm sure all of the members here support what you are doing and if I possesed the qualifications and if I was located in a place where I could be affective I would love to be more involved in your efforts to bring a larger awareness to the importance of saving our world from those who only seek to profit from it's precious resources. I hope we all get behind Mitch and his global cause.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not acceptable.